Friday 4 April 2014

See It, Pin It, Do It (March)

My goodness me.  I have been neglecting my little blog a bit of late.

Its been a busy old time to be honest between my Dads health increasingly failing, a lot of changes at work and two crafty retreats away- yes two I am a lucky girl I know.

So first up in my blogging catch up is joining in with Fiona's See it, pin it do it feature on her blog which is here.

Its a great way to ensure you actually do some of the lovely projects you pin on pinterest rather than just gaining boards full of pins

When I saw the link to this You Tube video by Limor Webber I knew instantly I wanted to have a go at it.


I didn't have the gelatos she used so improvised with acrylic paints.  I think the gelatos look easier to blend but I am trying to make do with things I have at present so with a bit more work I got the acrylic paints to do the job quite nicely.



This formed the base for my diary pages for the Documented Life Project for the final week in March.  The week we came home from Lochhouse but also the week I was meeting up with Lesley and Dee again to attend Kate Cranes workshop in Middlesbrough arranged by Jean.  More of that in a separate post.

I love the way my pages turned out and the little circles are filled with a mx of stamping and rub ons.  Its a bold page and quite different to the rest of the pages in my planner but I love it and its a style I will try again maybe in a more muted colour scheme

9 comments :

  1. I love the bold colour combo....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy, I think this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two what??? Am I missing something???

    Love the effect of this and that you made it work with supplies to hand. Off to look at how it was done TFS x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two retreats away lo.l. Teach me to press publish without checking first!

      Delete
    2. Oh that's fab, will have to check out the video!

      Delete
  4. Lovely and bright & cheerful - fab pages Suzy.
    Gosh, two retreats...you are a lucky girl.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not late at all Suzy. Thanks for joining again this month. It's a great page and I love that you made the best of the supplies you had on hand. You're on the board now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really vibrant pages Suzy, love it. Lou x

    ReplyDelete